Teen Challenge of Florida, Inc.
DELIVERY DRIVER – THRIFT
Teen Challenge SuperThrift is looking for energetic, highly motivated, responsible individuals looking to work in a retail setting with a purpose. Driven by faith, Teen Challenge endeavors to put hope within reach of hurting individuals. You can be part of a passionate and supportive team using your retail expertise.
We are not your average, everyday retail thrift store, offering a 38 to 40-hour work week, Monday thru Saturday, enabling you more time to spend with your family, while providing a competitive salary and benefit package.
Our Truck Driver is…
responsible for collecting, transporting and delivering donated items according to established guidelines and schedules among other job duties.
Candidate qualifications consist of some of the following and more:
· Must have valid driver’s license, clean three (3) year motor vehicle report (MVR); must have proof of state-required auto owners insurance or be eligible for coverage under the company’s insurance plan; acceptable pre-employment drug test and criminal records check required; must be self-motivated and able to work independently; may be required to become certified to operate a baler and/or forklift
· Consistently implement safe and defensive driving skills while operating a 14’ to 24’ box truck during the collection of donated goods from commercial and residential sites
· Load donated goods (appliances, furniture, household goods, etc.) onto truck and unload said goods from truck in such a manner as to protect the goods from damage
· Assist with moving donated goods from truck to designated processing area
· Transport trash and waste to the landfill as directed
· Maintain on-going communication with the supervisor in regard to scheduled pickups not completed
· Performs daily pre and post-trip vehicle inspections
· Maintains exterior and interior cleanliness of assigned vehicle(s)
· Maintain friendly courteous and professional communication with donors and co-workers
· Other duties as assigned
· Requires physical endurance and stamina, regularly required to lift, carry, push/pull at least 60 lbs. with or without assistance; frequently required to climb stairs and carry large items of furniture and appliances; frequent bending, stooping, long periods of driving and riding; work within a scheduled time frame; required to sit, stand, bend, crawl, crouch and kneel; requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range and ability to read and follow street maps with accuracy.
This is a full time, hourly position.